Posted 14 days ago
The General Manager actively maximizes gross gaming revenue and corresponding EBITDA using exceptional leadership skills, while ensuring fair and equitable application of policies and procedures. This role is responsible for all administration functions and daily operations of Prairie Flower Casino including related ancillary activities. Oversees key gaming and executive level personnel through oversight of day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops strategies and executes activities to drive and continually improve financial results, guest satisfaction, and human capital efficiencies. Works with Ponca Gaming Enterprise (PGE) to set business goals which are in line with Prairie Flower Casino’s Mission, support the company’s Mission and Core Values while growing revenue.
- Responsible for oversight of all internal controls and procedures to ensure protection of company assets and enforcement of Prairie Flower Casino policies and procedures.
- Ensures the highest level of integrity is maintained over all Tribal Gaming Operations.
- Role models ethical business practices and ensures processes are in place for reporting and addressing ethics violations in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects all proprietary information while holding others accountable for protection of company data.
- Sets expectations for Management level staff through coaching, guidance, and performance management. Develops high potential leaders and works with HR to set career path and companywide succession planning to ensure a high level of bench strength for leadership roles.
- Ensures implementation of all strategic and brand initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement of results.
- Supports Management team in delivery of services and products to meet or exceed guest expectations and increase guest loyalty.
- Supports Human Resources on activities supporting tribal hiring preference through proactive methods. Sets clear expectations to develop and implement goals and objectives leading to Tribal member employment and career development opportunities to include training and promotion of Tribal members.
- Sets expectations to hire, develop and retain top performing Team Members through all levels of the organization.
- Oversees annual operating budget including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations for Prairie Flower Casino.
- Ensures successful performance by maximizing profitability and providing a return on investment for owners. Encourages all team members to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies, increase profits and create value.
- Develop trusting and respectful business partnerships with Prairie Flower Casino ownership by communicating effectively with the Tribal Council and meeting or exceeding performance expectations of PGE. Informs and confers with PGE regarding all matters pertinent to their oversight responsibilities.
- Builds a professional and respectful relationship with the Gaming Regulatory Commission while working together to protect the assets of PGE. Ensures operational compliance with documented Authority approved policies and procedures, Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards (TMICS), State/Tribal Compact, debt obligations, and any other pertinent compliance requirements.
- Plan, direct, monitor and control daily operations through the property’s senior leadership team.
- Develop and implement current and long-range operational goals, objectives, plans and policies for approval by Ponca Gaming Enterprise.
- Prepares and reviews business plans and operating budgets, coordinates development and monitors results of actual performance versus annual budget.
- Oversees Prairie Flower Casino marketing programs to ensure proper and cost-effective promotional activities are developed and coordinated to produce results in alignment with budgetary projections. Ensures development and implementation of an ongoing marketing plan.
- Develops and monitors public relations policies designed to promote image of Prairie Flower Casino and build brand awareness and guest loyalty.
- Provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all team members.
- Sets an expectation of safe work practices to ensure a safe and positive work environment for all Prairie Flower Team Members.
- Required to work a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
- Follows all laws of Ponca Tribe of Nebraska.
Reports To: Ponca Gaming Enterprise (PGE) Location: Carter Lake, IA / Casino
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated broad-based operational success in a Senior Executive Management position within the gaming industry with at least five (5) of those years in the capacity of General Manager within a casino environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to build and maintain business and organizational relationships are essential.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid Gaming license from Ponca Gaming Commission.
- Must have a valid Driver's License, with a good driving record.
- Must have knowledge of complex laws, regulations, and guidelines governing casino and hotel operations, tribal law and Native American casinos.
- Ability to display cultural competence and operate effectively within a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn Tribal Gaming Ordinances, State/Tribal Compact, Minimum Control Standards, Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards and authority approved policies and procedures related to gaming and hotel operations.
- Ability to act as a liaison to local government and other interested parties to maintain a positive relationship and possess the communication skills to establish and maintain relationships with State and Federal officials governing casino operations.
- Possess significant, demonstrated leadership ability, organizational and strategic agility, and the ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of Class II and Class III gaming.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and make operational, financial and budgetary decisions based on financial reports to drive the organization to meet and exceed financial goals.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in high stress situations.
- Must be flexible working within a 24/7 operations, including weekends, nights, and holidays as necessary to ensure smooth function of the operation.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the role. This is not intended to be a construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel assigned to the position. Prairie Flower Casino reserves the right to make changes to the above job description, as necessary. The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska exercises Indian preference in hiring to Ponca Tribal members and members of federally recognized tribes.
- Free Medical, Dental and Vision premiums to Full Time Team Members.
- Paid Full Time Team Member Basic Life Insurance
- Highly competitive wages
- Generous PTO Plan
- Discounted meals
- Free Convenient Team Member Parking
- Excellent 401k package and other optional benefits such as Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- We follow strict pandemic safety protocols for the health and safety of our team members and guests
- Currently a non-smoking facility