Posted 24 days ago
Under the direction of Tribal Council, the General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of, and accountability for the performance of all North Star Mohican Casino functions. The General Manager shall be responsible for the overall management and operation of the casino and all its profit centers including the hotel, food and beverage outlets, bingo operations, and Pine Hills Golf Course. The Casino Resort General Manager is accountable to and under the general supervision and operational direction of the Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Council.
- Direct overall leadership of the Casino and Resort operations, including the bingo, hotel, RV park, food and beverage outlets, and Pine Hills Golf course in order to provide an optimal customer service.
- Responsible for providing leadership for all casino operations and employees including effectively maximizing productivity and efficiency by incorporating creative and competitive business strategies while simultaneously evaluating operational performances and supervising employees.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to achieve profit objectives by assuming responsibility for business operations, and profit and losses of all departments.
- Ensure an effective system of communication to maintain a constant flow of information downward, upward and laterally; Ensure compliance with current Standard Operating Procedures, MICS, TICS and requirements of Gaming Compact and Mohican Gaming Commission
- Create, develop, revise, and implement gaming policies and procedures to assure the highest integrity and continued successful operation of the casino and resort operations. Ensure policies/procedures are used to maximize guest satisfaction and increase player action and traffic flow.
- Establish annual casino and resort operational goals and objectives by providing short term and long-term plans for future growth and success for SMC Tribal Council to review and approve. Submit a prioritized annual capital budget with justification for review and approval by the Tribal Council.
- Oversee and work with Chief Finance Officer to make sure that financial controls are accurate and provide a continuous accountability. Supervise the coordination and development of statistical data including departmental budgets and gaming trends. Evaluate the data and make proactive suggestions to the Tribal Council on altering business operations for improved performance.
- Directs or coordinates the organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency in collaboration with the Marketing Director develop and implement marketing plans, promotions, and strategies to optimize profit market share, for future growth. Coordinate marketing initiatives with the Tribe’s other business entities that complement the Resort to enhance the Resort experience.
- Participate, develop, and implement in the SMC Strategic Plan as it relates to future growth of the organization.
- Lead and motivate employees to provide excellent customer satisfaction.
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; with Human Resources attracts, recruits and retains required members as needed; provides mentoring and coaching.
- Establish and carry out necessary controls and communications to meet high standards pertaining to team member morale, attitude, appearance, friendliness and courtesy.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Must adhere to all tribal laws such as Chapter 25-Gaming Ordinance, Employee Rights Ordinance and other applicable laws as well as the casino employee manual policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Gaming Management, Business Administration, Business Management or closely related field.
- A minimum of 5 years Executive Gaming Management experience including Executive level oversight of a gaming facility of similar size with similar amenities;
- Proven progressive executive gaming management experience including a thorough knowledge of Gaming operations, Hospitality, Marketing, and Regulations specifically applicable to Gaming.
- Previous experience with leading executive management for a Tribal gaming resort including oversight of operational procedures and player development programs is required.
- Demonstrated employee relations experience in handling employee disciplines and grievances, and customer service experience.
- Must be able to comprehend gaming regulations, rules, ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated management experience in fields of finance, personnel, marketing, customer and employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and operate within federal, state, and tribal regulatory guidelines.
- Must work cooperatively with all regulatory boards.
- Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.