General Manager - Pawhuska
Posted 10 days ago
Responsible to the Chief Operations Officer for the overall tactical and strategic direction of the property. Ensures all aspects of operations are conducted efficiently and effectively to maximize profit potential. Directly supervises department managers in accordance with the organizational structure to ensure staffing, guest satisfaction, property maintenance and appearance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or substantially related area plus at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in gaming operations.
- Upper-level management experience in gaming operations is required.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience in hotel industry, Convenient Store, Food & Beverage operation preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the area of responsibility, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by all applicable personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understand and comply with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service are required.
- Requires knowledge of fiscal programming and budgeting processes necessary to manage and to ensure that budget constraints and program timelines are met.
- Requires knowledge and experience with effective leadership techniques, financial reporting/analysis, and cost-benefit analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of MICS and ONGR required.
- Requires abilities to read, write, speak and understand the English language; and read the most complex of documents including journals, industry-specific publications, and legal documents.
- Perform advanced mathematical computations up to and including probability and statistics.
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information to executive management, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors. Establish and maintain positive relationships with other executive level staff, managerial and supervisory staff, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully apply project-management techniques preferred.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed and/or at short notice.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and maintaining personal networks.
- Must have the ability to effectively organize materials, set priorities, and provide feedback or follow up.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.