Internal Audit Manager
Posted 6 days ago
The Internal Audit Manager performs audits of the operations for compliance with relevant laws, regulations, company policies, and standard operating procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, gaming revenue cycles, cage operations, currency transaction reporting, admissions and revenue tax reporting, and other possible areas of operations. Assist with audits of gaming, racing, or other gaming operations, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and plans a comprehensive, risk-based audit program.
- Executes on-going compliance audits of the policies and procedures for revenue-producing departments. Participates in audits that monitor transaction compliance with Federal and State Regulations.
- As directed, conducts operational audits to ensure that the procedures and practices are easily understood and executed by the associates assigned to those functions.
- Safeguards all assets of the Company.
- Analyzes Fixed Assets and Capital Investments.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management plans, policies or procedures.
- Prepares budgets; analyzes and reports variances.
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual operating and financial reports.
- Prepares financial information and schedules for internal and external reporting.
- Manages close process by coordinating completion of journals by Accounting staff.
- Assists in maintaining system of internal controls, working closely with Department Heads, and General Manager to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Responds to regulatory and audit issues and requests.
- Review sales tax calculations.
- Maintains an updated knowledge of gaming laws and regulations.
- Performs other financial related duties and projects as required or requested and assists with Special Projects.
- May be required to perform duties outside of their normal job descriptions where, in the company’s judgment, it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or improved guest service.
Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
Reports To: General Manager
- Bachelor's degree, CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or candidate for certification desired.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have broad knowledge of Accounting and Financial Analysis.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication, managerial, and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Be deadline driven, able to coordinate multiple projects, prioritizing and flexing to accommodate last minute requests and changes.
- Able to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Previous gaming experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Illinois Gaming License
Relocation Assistance Available