Posted 10 days ago
Under general supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor, the Internal Auditor performs work of moderate difficulty in performing audits and other related activities utilizing standard audit procedures relating to the evaluation of the Gaming Operation’s compliance with NIGC and Tribal Gaming Office Minimum Internal Control Standards, the Enterprises’ Internal Controls and other regulatory requirements. Performs other related work as assigned. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in planning audits and evaluating risks.
- Assists in developing audit programs and checklists
- Compares elements of the Internal Control System to Gaming Office Minimum Internal Control Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates compliance with National Indian Gaming Commission MICS, TOGO MICS, Enterprise Internal Controls, company/department policies and procedures any other regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Identifies and researches internal control issues and suggests recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes complex procedures, transactions and data.
- Observes transactions and activities and interviews gaming operation personnel.
- Reviews and tests documentation as required.
- Documents work performed and instances of non-compliance through standard (electronic) work paper practice.
- Prepares audit findings to assist in the preparation of draft reports.
- Performs follow-up on responses to audit findings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Attends audit training as required to maintain/improve audit skills and practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in internal or external auditing in accordance with the IPPF (IIA Standards) required or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in the gaming industry is preferred.
- Certification or ability to obtain certification, e.g. CIA, CFE or CPA, is highly desired.
- Candidates who possess similar minimum qualifications should describe in detail the education and work experience you regard as establishing the equivalency.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Knowledge of internal audit standards/practices and accounting principles as applied to the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Gaming Office laws, rules, regulations, and procedures related to gaming.
- Knowledge of record-keeping and file maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Native American culture preferred.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively interact with management and employees at various levels.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and be responsible for completion of a variety of audit assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, casino management, and team members.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts relating to auditing and financial analysis.
- Skill in working with computerized auditing/accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in analyzing detailed computerized reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Skill in reviewing and evaluating policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Skill in preparing audit work-papers in support of audit work performed.
- Skill in tactfully presenting audit findings and explaining opportunities for improvement in the internal control system.