Posted 12 days ago
The Internal Auditor will examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls, compliance with the NIGC MICS, the Tribal-State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Control Standards, and approved policies and procedures, the accuracy of financial records and reports, and the economy and efficiency of performance for the activities being reviewed.
- To conduct or assist in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
- To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those activities.
- To determine whether organizational units in the company are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, Tribal Internal Control Standards, NIGC MICS, and in a manner consistent with both company objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- To plan and execute complete reviews of limited audit assignments, or conduct reviews of portions of extensive audit assignments, in accordance with acceptance professional standards.
- To report audit findings and to make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reduction in cost.
- To perform or assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of management and Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED/equivalent.
- 3 years casino Accounting, Auditing, and Compliance experience preferred.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and Databases), Quantitative mathematical analysis.
- BA Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!