Media Coordinator Intern
Posted 27 days ago
NAFOA is seeking a remote intern to assist in NAFOA’s media initiatives and communications. The expected hourly commitment per week is 25 Hours for twelve weeks. The intern will receive a total stipend of $4,800.00 with three installments of $1,600.00 paid on the 1st of each month.
The Media Coordinator Intern will be responsible for assisting in content creation across NAFOA’s digital platforms, including website, email marketing, and social media. This includes copywriting, proofreading, and creating visual content for the organization. They will also provide support in organizing, cataloging, and archiving the organization’s media assets across departments, and support organization efforts to improve digital accessibility.
- Support Media & Communications with website maintenance.
- Store, catalogue, organize, and process video footage, photos, and other media assets.
- Provide support in improving website, email, and social media accessibility, including closed captioning.
- Assist in creating and organizing visual content, e.g., graphic design.
- Monitor news, social media, and other outlets for relevant information and updates related to tribal economic development, resources for tribal financial managers, etc.
- Track social media and news coverage of NAFOA and NAFOA Board Members.
- Draft and edit social media posts for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in proofreading, editing, and developing written content for NAFOA’s email campaigns and website.
- Assist with development of media materials to support NAFOA’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Research other media and communications initiatives (e.g., TikTok, SMS, etc.) and pitch potential content for these initiatives that would support NAFOA’s mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least an incoming Senior in college.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a similar field preferred, but not required.
- At least one-year prior experience working in marketing and communications activities, including social media and other digital marketing strategies.
- Familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube platforms.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Attention to detail with strong editorial skillset.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp.
- Experience with graphic design software and tools including Photoshop and Canva.
- Familiarity with web accessibility preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work remotely with from 10:00 am to 4:00pm East Coast time with minimal supervision.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.