Operational Compliance Project Assistant
Posted 12 days ago
The Operational Compliance Project Assistant assists the Operational Compliance Manager and Specialists (collectively “OCs”) by performing a variety of technical, analytical, and administrative support duties. The Operational Compliance Project Assistant assists in the review of programs, procedures, practices and processes to assess compliance, quality, and effectiveness. In addition, this role is responsible for assisting OCs in the development of audit remediation plans. The Operational Compliance Project Assistant may also provide administrative support to other departments or parties in the completion of special and/or technical projects, reports and other related duties. The Operational Compliance section of the Casino Accounting Department provides services Casino-wide to both gaming and non-gaming departments. The Operational Compliance Project Assistant directly report to the Operational Compliance Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates, organizes, and maintains project tracking logs and enterprise-wide internal control filing system. Composes, revises, and edits correspondence, reports, memos, etc. Coordinates meetings and maintains meeting minutes. Prepares reports to communicate outcomes of quality assurance testing activities.
- Reviews changes to policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and segregation of duties. Plans, conducts, and monitors testing and inspection of processes to ensure quality output. Assists in review, implementation and efficiency of quality and control processes.
- Supports on-site audits conducted by external or internal providers.
- Assures ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements in both gaming and non-gaming departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Some college course work preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience (administrative or technical) in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement and/or regulatory matters relating to the National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and/or OFAC matters.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing audit/project management type work
- Prior casino gaming regulator experience a plus. Must be willing to learn the gaming and hospitality industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and aptitude for learning information systems.
- Must be motivated and eager to learn, a selfstarter, a team player.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.