Posted 6 days ago
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily oversight of the Payroll department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensure payroll is processed and paid in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements
- Resolve any payroll errors
- Review weekly employee time reporting for completeness and accuracy
- Direct the preparation of payroll related documents
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Prepare and review payroll and benefits account reconciliations
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance and testing of the Workday payroll system
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of payroll staff
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of payroll related experience
- Managerial / Supervisory experience
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws
- Proficiency in payroll software Workday preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to communicate with internal and/or external guests
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.