Posted 10 days ago
Direct and manage all activities involved in preparation and processing of Team Members’ payroll utilizing Paycom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Process biweekly payroll for all team members to include regular wages, bonus, commission, stipends, severance and special allowance pay, ensuring that the payroll processing function is consistently carried out on an accurate and timely basis.
- Develop payroll strategies and implement new or revised payroll procedures and system settings ensuring full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage and maintain deductions, earnings, and taxation settings in payroll system.
- Test and implement payroll system changes.
- Respond to escalated payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to payroll earnings, deductions, taxation and accruals.
- Oversee time and labor data pulls and upload of calculated time, holidays, etc.
- Reconcile quarterly and annual labor and tax reporting for state, local and federal accounts, and their rate notices / inquiries with third party vendors and agencies.
- Review year-end tax documents for accuracy.
- Prepare reports and statistical summaries for management.
- Serve as an intermediary with our payroll processor, human resource staff and information technology staff in resolving problems.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION
As per the ACGC Access Matix
Payroll related reports
HR Related Forms
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and applicable work experience totaling three (3) years; or seven (7) years Payroll work experience required. Experience with payroll for tipped positions preferred.
- Three (3) years supervisory or management experience in Payroll or related field required.
- Experience using Paycom preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Ability to remain highly organized, meet deadlines, possess integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling sensitive information.