Posted 6 days ago
The Project Controller will plan and direct the company's accounting operations and be responsible for financial statements and banking operations, taxes, and related filings. The ideal candidate is a savvy operational accounting professional who constantly seeks ways to improve processes, communication, policies, business partnerships, etc. The Controller will have proven ability to perform construction accounting functions required of a significant development project, preferably in the gaming, hospitality or construction industry. The Controller is responsible for maintenance of the general ledger and will oversee all Finance related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Establishes department standards, guidelines, and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Responsible for the accounting function, including initiating new processes and procedures aimed at creating efficiency.
- Oversees all aspects of accounts payables, accounts receivables and closely monitors cash functions.
- Ensures payroll is accurately processed and all related reporting and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensures proper job cost reporting of transactions and related journal entries.
- Works with operations to ensure job costing and job data are accurate and timely.
- Prepares and analyzes Work-In-Progress reports.
- Performs month-end closing and reconciliation, including analysis of operating costs and results.
- Issues monthly financial statements, performs an analytical review to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Prepares monthly reports and disbursement requests for financial institutions and others.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains and improves current accounting systems; rolls out new modules as necessary.
- Provides in-service training and development of staff as the function grows over time. Keeps accounting function in step with the expansion and growth of the company.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as requested or directed by the Executive Vice President or above.
- Directs and coordinates the accounting, budgeting, and other financial operations of the Company. Includes the sharing of administrative and technical supervision to staff personnel.
- Monitors cash balances and project cash flow.
- Responsible for management of tax compliance and regulatory reporting compliance.
- Interfaces with external auditors for reviews and audits.
- Works on financial projections, financial modeling, and sensitivity analyses.
- Ensures that all accounting activities and functions are met within set time frames.
- Develops, improves, monitors, and enforces accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Oversees maintenance documentation of accounting policies, systems, and procedures.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position supervisor.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of the department(s) as subject to established company policies.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities
In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline strongly preferred. CPA preferred.
- Eight or more years of construction or project accounting experience, preferably in the gaming, hospitality, or construction industry.
- Eight or more years of complex, progressive accounting experience, including construction accounting.
- Strong financial reporting technical skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced decision making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Lawson/Infor and/or Sage software preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge with MS Office 365 products – highly skilled in Excel, including spreadsheets, pivot tables, and other advanced Excel functions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- No licensing currently required; however, licensing by gaming regulators may be required in the future. Valid driver’s license.
Salary is based on experience
Benefits Include: Choice of medical plans, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible time off and other benefits.