Posted 14 days ago
Provide for the day-to-day supervision and operations of the Fiscal Department. Maintains accounting functions. Ensures integrity of financial records. Prepares or supervises preparation of all required financial and accounting reports. Recommends accounting procedures and systems improvements to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Review program function for compliance with Tribal financial accounting and program goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
2. Develop internal audit policies and implement programs and procedures.
3. Report and recommend improvements and corrections in both fiscal and program functions.
4. Coordinate annual audit with external auditors. Prepare schedules, reconciliations, etc.
5. Maintain records and ensures that appropriate general ledger entries are made timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Prepare financial reports as required.
7. Manage tribes’ grants and contracts to assure compliance with federal regulations.
8. Analyze indirect cost recovery and expenditures.
9. Manage accounting software database.
10. Prepare draw requests and maintains records of awards and receipts related to grants, contracts and compacts.
11. Participates in selection of personnel consistent with Personnel Policies.
12. Supervises, directs and evaluates the performance of all assigned employees.
13. Resolve tax issues pertaining to tax withholdings for payroll, per capita, and Minors Trust distributions.
14. Prepare year-end 1099’s for vendors, members, and non-employee compensation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
2. Knowledge and experience in Fund Accounting
3. Knowledge of Federal and State financial grant regulations. Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
4. Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
5. Knowledge of fiscal controls related to the safeguarding of institutional funds.
6. Skill in budget preparation and financial management.
7. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
8. Ability to supervise, train, motivate and evaluate the work of assigned subordinates.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5-10 years proven hands-on related experience and knowledge of all generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting, internal control, and financial statement preparation.
2. CPA preferred or studying for CPA exam.
3. Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
4. Indian preference.
***This position is open through Thursday, April 08, 2021. ***
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please c