Regional Internal Audit Manager
Posted 9 days ago
The Regional Internal Audit Manager ensures assets of the Company are properly safeguarded in conjunction with Company policy and procedures and all property audit plans for responsible regions and assigned audit plans are complete annually.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the assigned Regions. Develops implements, manages operational goals, and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Manages regulatory audits at all properties in assigned regions.
- Manages Sarbanes-Oxley audit reviews assigned in properties under responsible regions.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental/region budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to the Executive Director.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department/Regional customer service goals.
- Leads and develops the Sr. Internal Auditor and/or Internal Auditor.
- Prepares and follows audit programs to conduct audits.
- Performs detail testing of source documents to ensure compliance with requirements of Internal Control Manuals, Regulatory Rules/Acts and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs observations and analysis of departmental/Regional procedures to ensure compliance and operational efficiencies are consistent with pre-established guidelines.
- Develops and implements alternative procedures to enhance operations.
- Develops improvements to procedures, operational efficiencies and continued compliance.
- Identifies weaknesses during audits and recommends solutions.
- Completes audit files with working papers referenced to the audit programs.
- Liaises with external auditors to communicate information and resolve problems, as needed.
- Liaises with gaming regulators to communicate information and resolve problems, as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with property senior management in order to obtain feedback and provide additional management support, as needed.
- Leads the audit team in the development of reports and recommendations.
- Maintains audit files, ensures files contain planning memos, programs and reports and follows up to ensure audit recommendations have been followed.
- Communicates the status of the yearly audit plan and all projects to the Executive Director of Internal Audit.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with law, government regulations and management plans, policies or procedures.
- Completes planning re: the theory and scope of audits and related audit program.
This position supervises all Internal Audit personnel in their assigned Regions.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) from four-year College or university in related field required. CPA or CIA certification preferred but not required.
- Must have minimum of seven years of Internal Audit experience and/or training. Familiarity with standards, concepts, practices and procedures with Sarbanes-Oxley Act, gaming and/or pari-mutuel wagering is desired.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, which can include Executive Management, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to travel to operations as needed.
- Strong understanding of SOX control framework for GAAP financial reporting.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to IT applications/reviews.