Regulatory Compliance Officer
Posted 10 days ago
The Regulatory Compliance Officer works with other staff members to design and develop internal casino procedures as well as training programs. Inspects, regulates and monitors the gaming operation for compliance with all requirements of the Illinois Gaming Boards, Casino Internal Control Systems and the MICS. Position requires working weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct property and corporate compliance programs to ensure continuing integrity of operations and adherence to applicable gaming and sports wagering rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain an open dialogue and positive relations with officials of the state and local Illinois Gaming Board.
- Review, analyze and interpret gaming and sports wagering statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Work closely with general manager and executive team and make recommendations with regard to all aspects of compliance issues, internal controls, and policies and procedures.
- Assists with training aspects associated with Title 31.
- Trains and develops compliance staff on CTR and SAR audits and filings, regulatory requirements, and other compliance procedures.
- Collaborate with management and the Illinois Gaming Board to ensure significant changes to the company’s operating environment (new facilities, system upgrades, and internal control changes) are completed in accordance with IGB regulations and with the necessary approvals.
- Prepare annual license renewal submission to the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the effective administration and training of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Know your Customer, and Responsible Gaming Programs.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory reporting commitments.
- Review exception reports prepared by internal and external auditors, investigate instances of non-compliance, and collaborate with management to ensure corrective action plans are established and implemented.
- Prepare a management response of corrective actions and perform follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Serves as a liaison to the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Review marketing promotions for compliance with Illinois Gaming Board standards and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of Illinois Gaming Board, COVID-19 restrictions and regulations. Including distancing, mask protection, occupancy levels and systems used for monitoring guests and employees.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all departmental, company, and employee matters.
- Performs other related duties and projects as required or requested and assists with special projects.
- May be required to perform duties outside of their normal job descriptions where, in the company’s judgment, it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or improved guest service.
Reports To: General Manager
- Bachelor's degree, CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a compliance leadership role.
- Must have broad knowledge of Illinois Gaming Board regulations, Title 31, Suspicious Activity Reporting, as well as all applicable state and federal regulations is preferred but not required.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication, organization skills, attention to detail and work independently. Able to make sound and reasonable decisions.
- Be deadline driven, able to coordinate multiple projects, prioritizing and flexing to accommodate last minute requests and changes.
- Must be able to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Able to qualify and maintain an Illinois gaming licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Previous experience in a financial compliance role in a gaming environment required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Illinois Gaming License