Posted 6 days ago
Performs complex auditing and clerical work in connection with the maintenance of financial records and the preparation of financial reports. Compile, audit, and record revenue for Sandia Resort & Casino, Bien Mur Market Center, Bien Mur Travel Center, and Sandia Lakes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and reconcile revenue and other financial and statistical information for all revenue departments utilizing various accounting systems’ reports.
- Research, investigate, and correct financial data variances and discrepancies.
- Audit revenues and other financial and statistical information daily accurately and efficiently.
- Reviews source documents from various gaming areas for compliance with the minimum internal control standards and company policies.
- Enter daily revenue information into journal entry format for general ledger upload.
- Performs daily audits accurately and efficiently in accordance to established policy and procedures and documents the results of the audit.
- In coordination with Revenue Audit Manager and Senior Revenue Auditor, prepares any requested financial or statistical analysis reports.
- Produces audited and unaudited reports for each department.
- Ensures proper filing and storage of audit paperwork.
- Provides required support to external auditors, Sandia Tribal Gaming representatives, and Internal Audit.
- Responsible for training and ensuring compliance with minimum internal control standards and company policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain files in an orderly and updated fashion.
- Ability to read, comprehend simple instructions, research, compile, and analyze complex data in order to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to exhibit strong initiative and motivational commitment to the organization.
- Must have strong teamwork, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
- Ability to file, use spreadsheets, word processor, standard office machine equipment, and ten key by touch.
- Ability to use discretion in working with sensitive and confidential records.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in accounting or bookkeeping position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Salary: $15.34 – $19.94 hourly