Posted 10 days ago
Under the direction of the Casino Accounting Supervisor and the Capital Projects Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing day-to-day accounting operations in the Casino Accounting Department including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close, and assisting with the preparation and distribution of financial statements in accordance with San Manuel Casino policies and procedures. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of Accounting activities, including general ledger preparations, financial reporting, year-end audit preparations and reconciliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing of books in a timely manner. Completes all activities and transactions in a timely manner as indicated in month-end close checklist. Reviews and analyzes financials of various divisions of the Casino (i.e. Slots, Table Games, Food & Beverage, and Marketing etc.) as assigned, in a timely manner. Makes accounting entries as per month-end close checklist. Maintains full general ledger and financial reporting for all departments within Casino/assigned areas. Maintains construction in progress (CIP) schedules and records fixed asset transactions.
- Reviews and amortizes prepaid expenses. Reviews accounts payable accrual at month-end. Records and maintains bank wires and deposits. Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements for departments utilizing Crystal Report Writing software and applicable financial systems.
- Trains and mentors GL Staff Accountants.
- Assists with additional financial projects assigned by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Senior Vice President of Finance, Vice President of Accounting, Controller, and /or Assistant Controller as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- A Bachelors degree (BS or BA) in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting is required.
- Minimum three (3) years professional accounting experience required.
- Proficiency in computerized financial systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure and job ambiguity.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license is preferred.