Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets
Posted 12 days ago
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting for fixed assets, including additions, disposals, rollforward, monthly journal entries and reconciliations at the corporate level. This role will also provide overall fixed asset support to multiple property locations and will work closely with property management teams on both recording for and budgeting of fixed assets. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting, and will partner extensively with others in multiple areas of the business including accounting, finance, tax and IT.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the process of creating and processing new fixed assets and disposals at Corporate.
- Provide overall fixed asset support to multiple property locations
- Ensure accurate asset capitalization and classification in accordance with Company policy.
- Drive the monthly close process for fixed assets, including journal entries, adjustments, and account reconciliations/roll-forwards.
- Participate in the budgeting process as it relates to capital expenditures and depreciation both at corporate and property level.
- Periodically monitor and report on fixed asset activity as compared to budget, including project tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for the documentation and execution of the Company’s internal controls over the fixed asset process in accordance with its SOX compliance program.
- Perform any other special duties, projects or analyses as directed by the Company.
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the common goal
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments and consistently meet deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related, accredited field required
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience. Prior experience in accounting for Fixed Assets specifically is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems include Sage.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Participate in relevant process improvement and centralization initiatives.
- Demonstrate cross functional collaboration and teamwork across the organization
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed