Posted 10 days ago
The Senior Auditor role is a critical position to the organization and requires an individual with the utmost integrity to provide the oversight responsibilities of this position. The Senior Auditor ensures gaming operation compliance with the Federal, State and Tribal regulations, as well as the State/Tribal Compact.
Under the direction of Audit Supervisor, the Senior Auditor will plan and execute audits of gaming and hospitality revenue by verifying, allocating and posting transactions and daily cash deposits. The Senior Auditor will create and review an analysis of critical data and assist in the completion of compliance testing. The Senior Auditor summarizes audit findings, reviews audit paperwork, and offers recommendations. In addition, the Senior Auditor will be responsible for compiling data and preparing formal audit findings reports substantiating their findings in order to reconcile entries, verify reporting, and prepare daily revenue reports for management, while ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with the Gaming Commission's Tribal Gaming Minimum Internal Controls (TICS) and the Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR), by studying the standards, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and reviews the performance of risk based financial, operational, and compliance audits and reviews relevant records for compliance with regulatory requirements; financial accounting and auditing standards; and company policies and procedures.
- Provides advisory and consulting services to review and improve the accurate, timely and efficient audit of the most complex, critical, and sensitive audits.
- Performs and reviews risk assessment and executes risk based audits to identify internal control deficiencies or process inefficiencies within the gaming operation.
- Possesses and exercises strong analytical skills and abilities, and auditor judgement when performing and reviewing audits.
- Responsible for the preparation, investigation, and verification of sensitive financial data, slot analytics, and table game analytics as noted by the regulations and compact as well as creates slots, table games, and other necessary gaming activity reports.
- Demonstrates appropriate professional judgment and etiquette when answering questions and analyzing or providing information as it relates to potential fraudulent activity and trends.
- Prepares, plans, and assists in the performance of the bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tests for Coin In, Multi-game/Multi Denomination games, and E-Prom testing.
- Maintains the slot machine database system.
- Manages audit teams who will work collaboratively or independently on unique or special assignments that may require specialized knowledge and experience.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and conforms to industry standards, TICS and GCR, by reviewing transaction documents sent by the department on designated audit areas.
- Prepares clear and concise written communication and reports based on investigative findings and facts with other departments, management, and executives.
- Performs additional duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. (Business degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university preferred).
- Minimum 3 years work experience and/or training in Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Familiarity of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to private information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or customers.
- Ability to use data extraction and data analysis techniques in MS Excel to support audits and sampling within the department.
- Ability to employ a proactive approach to problem solving and overall execution of job responsibilities required.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or concerns from internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies, procedures, and processes to maintain understanding and communication of a specific opinion or action.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Must be independent and must not have any direct relatives associated in the functioning of the gaming operations and/or gaming activities.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, database software and casino Operating Systems preferred.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills and intermediate user level proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, with emphasis on Excel.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a current and valid Drivers License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Companys insurance carrier.