Senior Data Analyst
Posted 11 days ago
Under the direction of the Manager of Data Analytics, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for performing data mining and complex statistical analysis, as well as ROI forecasting and reporting, in support of the organization's marketing efforts. The Senior Data Analyst will partner with the Casino and Database departments to review promotional pro-formas and post-formas and evaluate operational results, developing recommendations for process improvements. As an experienced subject matter expert, this role includes training and mentoring responsibilities, and is relied upon by Financial Planning & Analysis management to be a point of contact for other functions enterprise-wide.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applied complex mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data from disparate sources and construct solutions to enterprise problems.
- Performs complex statistical analysis on enterprise data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts.
- Constructs and applies statistical models to support data analysis, revenue forecasting, and process optimization functions; verifies model effectiveness based on actual results.
- Works with multiple types of enterprise data on analysis and modeling of financial, marketing, or pricing data. Reviews marketing proformas and post-formas to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and process improvements; partners with managers and directors to develop new strategies for targeted offers and updates to segmentation.
- Effectively interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis to FP&A management and business managers.
- Trains and mentors Analysts, and takes lead role on projects as assigned by department mgmt. Acts as point of contact for all functions enterprise-wide for respective analysis needs.
- Any additional job-related duties as assigned by FP&A management.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or related field.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience working in data analytics required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience working with relational databases and enterprise reporting tools is required.
- Experience performing data extraction and analysis using coding languages such as SAS, R, Python, and/or SQL is required.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as team member will have access to confidential information including, but not limited to: Social Security numbers, customer contact information, customer financial data, and organizational financial data.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company's insurance carrier.