Senior Data Analyst
Posted 10 days ago
Under the direction of the Director of Compliance, the Senior Data Analyst captures data covered under the Bank Secrecy Act from various sources within the San Manuel Enterprise to generate reports and tools to identity trends, monitor unusual activity, identify areas of risk and assess risk. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing, evaluating, forecasting, and reporting on various aspects of the Casino with respect to meeting the regulatory obligations of the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as primary point of contact for data analytic projects using SAS BI Tools, Teradata or other statistical products, as well as CAAT softwares (ACL, IDEA, Excel, Access). Partners with other members of Compliance, Casino, and IT to build, develop and execute data analytics. (This includes data analytic projects and continuous monitoring techniques executed with consistency and overall strategy of San Manuel Casino's BSAAML program.)
- Utilizes Data-Mining and Database mechanisms to obtain data, and organizes information to facilitate effective analysis and create analytical reports. Translates Casino Compliance needs by developing complex query statements and advanced database tools in order to draw insights from the enterprise's data and highlight anomalies. Searches for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and explain the findings to people with varying backgrounds and understanding of data analysis. Independently identifies appropriate statistical techniques, data, and methods that will be used to address various questions. Navigates within technology environment to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis. Maintains detailed records documenting procedures and assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Develops statistical tools to facilitate and improve data regression, manipulation, and analysis. Investigates and helps solve data quality issues, enabling accurate analysis.
- Applies knowledge of activities through gaming systems to generate reports for analysis, and areas on which to concentrate Casino Compliance resources. Provides analysis and trending reports identifying risk areas or opportunities applying appropriate resources to base on assessment of risk. Identifies Macro trends in patron gaming, financing of gaming activity and the utilization of financial products and services. Develops hypotheses, strategies, visualizations, reports, and recommendations for various purposes. Provides and evaluates data to facilitate decision-making.
- Stays abreast of changes to data architecture and sources new data for use in data analytics. Provides guidance and training to develop analytic capabilities of team members.
- Completes special projects on various issues as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of analytical experience required. Relevant Casino experience highly desirable.
- Equivalent combination of progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in writing complex queries (SAS, SQL developer, ACL) and working with enterprise reporting tools is required.
- Certification in SAS BI or equivalent preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.