Senior Internal Auditor
Posted 17 days ago
The Senior Internal Auditor ensures assets of the Company are properly safeguarded in conjunction with Company policy and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the Annual Risk Assessment process, as required.
- Completes the portion of the “Annual Audit Plan” as assigned by the corporate executive director of internal audit.
- Reviews Internal controls for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Performs tests of accounting documentation and reviews for accuracy and propriety of transactions as well as compliance with regulations and internal controls.
- Performs observations of operational activities for compliance with internal controls and regulations, providing written reports and recommendations for corrective actions to department vice presidents and corporate executives as instructed.
- Provides compliance reviews for Sarbanes Oxley to corporate executives and external auditors; reviews deficiencies with CFO with documentation of correction action where needed.
- Performs management, operational, information technology, and discretionary audits as requested to evaluate controls and make recommendations for improvement where deemed necessary.
- Effectively reports on exceptions found to effected management personnel as well to corporate.
- Follows up on outstanding audit findings and reports statues to effected management and to corporate executives.
- Assists executive director of internal audit with any required property-wide reporting
- Works with external auditors to perform testing of financial statements and internal controls and regulatory adherence as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in auditing and/or financial accounting.
- Must have basic mathematical skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to use a ten-key calculator by touch with considerable accuracy.
- Must possess basic computer skills, which includes Microsoft applications.
- Data entry skills preferred.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, applicable laws and regulations as they relate to financial and casino issues.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Strong tactical skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- A Mississippi Gaming Commission work permit is required for this position.
- Must have an outgoing personality and enjoy dealing with people.
- Must have the ability to have fun while on duty!
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all employees and guests.
- Ability to understand and promulgate written memos, instructions, regulations.