Senior Internal Auditor (Montbleu Resort)
Posted 17 days ago
The Senior Internal Auditor identifies risk and develops and maintains the internal Control testing universe. This position is responsible for the execution of the annual audit plan for the Company’s audit requirements. This role specifically will include the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of the property’s control environments across all functions. This role will be the lead interface with leadership teams as it relates to audit Standards. The Senior Internal Auditor will assist in analyzing risks and working with our External Auditors and various Management personnel as it relates to audit testing. The Senior Internal Auditor will prepare and review workpapers to support audits completed and prepare reporting to share testing results. This position will participate in special projects at the direction of the Vice President of Internal Audit.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute an annual risk-based audit plan:
- Under the direction of Internal Audit management. Independently review processes and functions as authorized in the approved annual audit plan.
- Participate in the development of risk-based audit programs and related planning documents for audits.
- Take a lead role with the property’s annual audit plan by completing process reviews and tests of controls as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- Responsible for the execution of assigned audits sections with little supervision.
- Conducts audits consistent with IIA practices and in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned testing areas.
- Identify weaknesses in compliance-related exposures, operational processes and internal controls.
- Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Interact autonomously with auditees.
- Take a lead role in closing meetings with auditees by presenting the findings and related recommendations identified.
- Assist Internal Audit management in preparing draft recommendations and audit reports for Management and Audit Committee.
- Creates work products such as audit analysis, audit correspondences, memoranda and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures.
- Participate with the Ballys SOX Team to implement SOX monitoring and testing procedures.
- Reviews management action plans and monitors the implementation of such plans to ensure issues are adequately addressed and mitigated.
- Notifies Internal Audit Management of any gaming violations noted.
- Reviews the work of other team members and challenges their understanding of audit areas and processes to assure adequate coverage.
- Maintains relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and is committed to continually improve client satisfaction.
- Understands and applies internal audit methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Works with Internal Audit management to identify key areas of risk and appropriate coverage for auditees.
- Makes recommendations for new audit techniques to analyze the adequacy of controls and the effectiveness of compliance procedures and processes.
- As Required, works with internal audit team in the development of creative, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as subject matter expert in given areas.
- Participates in customer meetings under direction of Internal Audit Management.
- Works on special projects or consulting engagements concerning significant company issues as directed by Internal Audit Management.
- Assists in preparation of the final report and enhances its content based on application of knowledge and experience.
- May present a draft report to the Internal Audit Management and may participate in presentation of final report and audit findings to management of auditee. Other duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar business degree
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification is preferred
- A minimum of seven-ten years’ experience in audit testing, accounting, auditing, and information technology audits, including supervisory and project management experience is required.
- Experience in a Big 4 or national CPA firm preferred.
- Gaming industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Visio. Knowledge of ACL preferred.
- Prior working experience with an audit software system and gaming specific software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with people at all levels the organization.
- Report writing and superior documentation skills are required.
- Ability to write comprehensible reports on complex issues in a concise manner is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% with overnight stays.
- Must secure appropriate gaming licenses for this property, as required