Senior Payroll Specialist
Posted 18 days ago
Under general supervision, performs and supervises all activities necessary to process payroll weekly, maintain related records, reporting and deductions. Audit timekeeping and attendance systems for accuracy and report issues to the proper departments. Works with accounting to maintain all federal and state required reporting accurately. Prepares special reporting as requested. Primary contact person for team members and department managers with payroll questions, verifications and issues. When not processing payroll related items, will perform accounting duties as assigned.
- Perform daily & weekly payroll tasks and operations with accuracy and timelines
- Understand and adhere to all Federal and State regulations and stay up-to-date with changes as they occur
- Process pay changes, corrections, garnishments and tax withholding as directed
- Process, transmit and verify ACH files for timely bank receipts
- Serving as a support department and offering that support in a professional, friendly and respectful manner
- Administers and manages the processing of personnel/payroll transactions.
- Assists staff with problems encountered and observes for accuracy and completeness of appropriate documentation/forms.
- Researches, organizes, documents and completes special projects assigned
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards of Oaklawn Jockey Club
- Works closely with the HR department with cross-department items such as PTO balances, other time off and wage attachments
- Assist with accounting duties
- Personal ongoing development
- Willingness to help in any area when needed
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Punctual attendance required
- Ability to work required overtime.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Payroll knowledge including systems, legislation and regulations
- Analytical and numerical/math skills and strengths
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Advanced computer literacy
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, discreetness and tact at all times
- Ability to deal effectively and interact well with team members and guests
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- College graduate preferred with degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years prior payroll experience
- 1+ year prior Accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience with Workday or similar systems is preferred