Senior SOX Business Analyst
Posted 12 days ago
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the daily activities in support of the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program. The Senior SOX Business Analyst’s responsibilities include gathering, analyzing, reporting, and documenting internal controls over financial reporting, to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley within required deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates must be active team members with a value-added mindset, interacting with all levels of staff and management to ensure an adequate framework of controls and procedures exist to maintain appropriate internal control over financial reporting.
- Support management’s SOX risk assessment process including scoping activities, risk identification, process mapping and control linkage.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Company’s internal control framework and processes to identify risks.
- Maintain SOX application for existing in scope properties and related SOX processes. This includes but is not limited to updating and maintenance of SOX narratives, Risk and Control Matrices, and test matrices at existing properties.
- Database build out of the SOX system to integrate newly acquired SOX in-scope properties as applicable.
- Maintain roles and permissions for SOX system.
- Assist process owners with the creation and maintenance of process documentation (process narratives).
- Create and maintain process flow charts for SOX processes across all properties.
- Develop and implement SOX standards to be used by Internal Audit and SOX Team.
- Create training materials to be used by process owners and new staff on the utilization of the SOX system.
- Organize efforts across multiple departments to ensure SOX compliance requirements are met within required deadlines.
- Coordinates and/or participates in process walkthroughs with management (process owners) to review all existing key controls.
- Assist the SOX Audit Manager with Corporate Financial and Entity Level Controls testing.
- Assist in reviewing of testing workpapers prepared by Internal Audit as applicable.
- Support the SOX Audit Manager in monitoring testing results, review of test findings and implementation of corrective action/remedial efforts.
- Assist in deficiency analysis and participate in remediation efforts and retesting.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations/reports to executive management and the Audit Committee.
- Provide support to external auditors for various processes on which they place reliance.
- Administer Quarterly SOX Certifications to ensure responses are received in accordance with deadlines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of compliance guidelines, interpretations, and standards.
- Assist team members in various internal audit projects as applicable.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organization Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strategic Thinking
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent related field required.
- CIA certification preferred.
- 3+ years experience in public accounting or Internal Audit, or internal control role with a public company.
- 2+ year of experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls over financial and operational functions. Experience designing and implementing SOX controls.
- 3 years of SOX Audit experience required.
- Strong understanding of control procedures, frameworks, risk assessment practices.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CFE certifications, or working towards attaining certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and risk assessment practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management as well as to effectively document procedures performed and conclusions reached.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in the use of Workiva software preferred.