Senior Staff Accountant
Posted 18 days ago
The Senior Staff Accountant ensures assets of the Company are properly safeguarded in conjunction with Company policy and procedures.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares monthly financial statements in compliance with GAAP in a timely manner.
- Trains staff accountant
- Works with the independent accounting firm for quarterly and annual audits.
- Assists preparing parent company reporting package.
- Provides a great work environment for all Rockers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High School diploma general education (GED) and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years experience in financial accounting, internal audit or compliance.
- Must have basic mathematical skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to use a ten key calculator by touch with considerable accuracy.
- Must possess basic computer skills, which includes Microsoft applications.
- Data entry skills preferred.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong tactical skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- A Mississippi Gaming Commission work permit is required for this position.
- Must have an outgoing personality and enjoy dealing with people.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all employees and guests.
- Ability to understand and promulgate written memos, instructions, regulations.