Posted 10 days ago
Sr. Accountant Position Details:
- Provides direction, training, and guidance to accounting staff.
- Maintains general ledger accounts including the preparation and posting of journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Analyzes monthly financial activity, develops budget variance reports, and participates in the monthly financial review.
- Prepares and distributes financial information to outside auditors, government agencies, and other organizations.
- Develops and implements processes, procedures, and tools for accurate and timely financial reporting optimizing operations.
- Reviews journal entries, account reconciliations, and additional work performed by the accounting team.
- Prepares accrual and reconciling entries for month end after review of P&L.
- Participates in year end and the annual audit process.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Prepares reports and completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures all documentation is properly filed and maintained in accordance with internal controls.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fills in for the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Knowledge of: accounting and audit best practices; accounts payable and general ledger systems and procedures; casino policy and procedures; financial modeling; analytical reporting; and budgeting and procurement software.
- Skills in: use and operation of personal computer and related software programs including Excel; customer service; communication, recordkeeping, and database administration; and time management with an exceptional organizational capacity.
- Ability to: communicate effectively verbally and in writing; provide direction, training, and assistance; maintain files, records, and correspondence; prepare written reports, charts, graphs, or other visual aids; develop spreadsheets, reports, and communications; perform multiple assignments with attention to detail; understand and accurately process department paperwork; maintain files, records and correspondence; organize workflow and prioritize material; efficiently multitask; work under pressure ensuring the completion of time sensitive material; and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Three years of accounting experience required.
- General ledger accounting experience in the gaming industry preferred.
- Additional education and experience may substitute for the minimum requirements of the position.
- Class IIIA Gaming License
- Title 31
- Customer Service
- Sexual Harassment
- Must be able to obtain a Class IIIA license as required by the Puyallup Tribal Gaming Regulatory Office and the Washington State Gaming Commission.