Sr. Director of Finance
Posted 18 days ago
The Senior Director of Finance leads all financial activity at Oxford Casino Hotel and Event Center (the “Property”) including accounting, financial analysis, cash operations, revenue audit, and purchasing. Manages the timely preparation and analysis of the financial results and establish and maintain the necessary internal controls required to safeguard the property’s assets, to ensure integrity and compliance with gaming and other State and Federal regulations, and to ensure that the financial results reflect established accounting and financial standards.
Responsible for working with the property leaders to manage maintenance and project capital and to obtain approvals as necessary. Responsible for providing financial analysis and decision support to the property leadership team and corporate financial planning and analysis, as needed, related to the property. Responsible for developing financial forecasts and actions to achieve the forecasts with the property leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees all financial operations for the Oxford Casino Hotel and Event Center
- Financial analysis,
- Purchasing and Warehouse/Receiving operations,
- Casino Cage/Guest Service Center operations, and
- Revenue Audit and Cash drop and count operations.
- Manage the timely preparation and analysis of the financial results.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and assist in the preparation of the consolidated internal reporting package for the Property.
- Review and analyze detail results from the hotel, food and beverage operations to determine if pricing, utilization and cost structure are properly established and maintained.
- Meet monthly with each department to review performance to budget and prior year.
- Challenge departments that are falling short of expected performance.
- Establish and maintain the necessary internal controls
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures for the financial operations including financial accounting and reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strong internal controls over cash handling, revenue recognition, ordering and receipt of goods and other areas of the operation.
- Serve as the primary financial support for the Property, providing financial information to the department heads, assisting with the preparation of various financial analyses and reporting as the department heads participate in reviews during the year and coordinate preparation of their annual operating plans.
- Develop financial forecasts and actions to achieve the forecasts with the property leadership team.
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal Property and corporate management and external parties.
- Responsible for working with the property leaders to analyze, forecast, and manage maintenance and project capital and to obtain approvals as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead the annual strategic planning process including the coordination of the annual operating and capital budget. Challenge Property and departmental management to maximize departmental performance while minimizing costs. Create activity based budgets that can be easily tracked and monitored against actual performance.
- Assist with the preparation of ad-hoc reporting and other special reporting as needed by the management team. Develop conclusions/opinions based on analysis and be prepared to challenge the management team to make decisions that will improve the overall financial health of the Property.
- Work closely with key management of the Property to understand their business and the related developments. In connection, push these individuals toward more transparency and challenge them to be fiscally responsible.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, including those related to automation through the use of available technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Casino gaming and hotel experience preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- General ledger experience required.
- Excellent analytical, financial, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong demonstrated management and leadership skills including ability to lead a diverse team.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
- Excellent financial acumen and thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Willingness and ability to pass suitability requirements of a gaming licensing body, including submission of detailed background and financial data.
- Detail oriented, professional demeanor, strong organization and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior / executive management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to cultivate working relationships throughout the organization.
- Must be willing to work weekends and nights as necessary