Sr. Manager of Compliance and Quality Assurance
Posted 12 days ago
Under the guidance of the VP of Facilities and EVS, the Senior Manager of Compliance and Quality Assurance is responsible for providing high level support to the Facilities and EVS Department and assist in the planning, organization, development and direction of the overall operation of the Department in accordance with all federal, state, and local standards and guidelines. The Senior Manager of CQA performs reviews of programs, procedures, practices and processes to primarily assess their quality, effectiveness and adherence to compliance procedures. The Senior Manager of CQA will have autonomous authority over all managers within their division and provide strategic leadership and guidance on initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously results in continuous improvements in customer satisfaction scores, improved product quality and increased operational profitability.
The Senior Manager of CQA will work closely with the department Directors in the day to day operations of the department and future planning of the department. Must be available to work on an on-call basis 24/7 to ensure business and Department needs are met. The Senior Manager of Compliance and Quality Assurance collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values by understanding the Tribe’s purpose to serve as a conscientious business owner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages all department support functions to include, but not limited to administrative, safety, training, new hire onboarding, inventory and compliance responsibilities of the department.
- Responsible for all phases of the department budget including gathering data and research industry standards, assisting in the development and managing of the department and divisions, analyzing year-to- year actual versus actual and budget by forecasting, implementation, prioritizing, and maintaining the department VP and Directors informed of any and all budget matters.
- Create, manage and track department projects and their plans by delivering updates on timelines, milestones, deliverables, budgets and at risk information to department VP and Directors to ensure projects are on track.
- Ensure work performed by department staff meets regulatory requirements, industry standards, practices or expectations set by the VP relative to evaluating program quality and effectiveness, as well as identifying areas for improvement and forecasting future department needs.
- Coordinate and collaborate with VP and Directors on any and all department initiatives, projects, tasks, and day to day operations and provide support by keeping minutes, tracking information, maintaining Smartsheets up to date and communicating frequently.
- Direct and oversee hiring initiatives for all areas of the department to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times. Manage the workforce planning and hiring timelines for the department. Coordinate and lead training programs for the development of all department team members, to include New Hire Onboarding, safety training, classroom, on-the-job, and equipment training. Create training opportunities for the development of team members.
- Manage the procurement, purchasing and inventory of supplies needed by the various divisions of the department by ensuring adequate levels of supplies maintained at all times keeping to necessary par levels and seeking cost effective alternatives.
- Lead and conduct annual review of policies and procedures and determine the impact and effectiveness of internal controls by providing recommendations for enhancements, and/or evaluated proposed program changes.
- Assist with the execution of organization-wide policies and procedures, compliance training and safety regulations by participating and implementing in any and all department audit remedies and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of Supervisory and/or senior level auditor experience in the areas of audit, quality control or risk management.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement and/or regulatory matters relating to department policies and procedures.
- Must possess current and demonstrated knowledge of procedural reporting required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and managerial experience in leading teams on audits or projects.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Sharepoint, Smartsheet and relevant software required.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and work under pressure.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to confidential information.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!