Posted 11 days ago
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently compile and analyze financial information to prepare revenue and expense journal entries.
- Work timely to meet all gaming board regulation deadlines
- Perform various account reconciliations and maintain balance sheet reconciliation records.
- Ability to read and understand general ledger with cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Submit monthly accounting close entries.
- Capability to assist with fixed asset tracking and maintenance.
- Create and/or edit financial reports within accounting/finance software.
- Prepare financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Ensure transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Communicate financial information to department heads and maintain relationships with other departments.
- Present financial information monthly to the CFO and respond to resulting inquiries.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by executive management.
- Assist in preparing audit work papers and being involved in the audit process for internal, external and regulatory agency audits.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Prior knowledge of gaming operations preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results
- Ability to solve complex financial problems
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Knowledge of area gaming regulations and generally accepted accounting principles
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of AS400 / Infinium, DataMagine, Stratton Warren preferred
- Two (2) plus years of experience in finance operations
- A four (4)-year degree Accounting, Finance or in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.