Posted 6 days ago
This position is in Bally’s Corporate accounting department. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for executing a variety of accounting procedures, including but not limited to month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations and general ledger entries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepares treasury wires and maintains appropriate supporting documents.
- Assists in preparing monthly budget to actual analysis.
- Prepares consolidated monthly financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from subsidiaries.
- Utilizes the consolidated data to prepare footnote information for the 10Q/10K.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data; including working with external auditors and subsidiary accounting departments.
- Provides accounting support for acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to current general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Implements accounting policies; include SOX narratives and flowcharts.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- At least two years experience in accounting or a related field