Posted 13 days ago
Under the direction of Tribal Finance Management, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the Tribal general ledger and supporting schedules and reconciliations. The Staff Accountant assist in monthly journal entries, prepares balance sheet account reconciliation, and records multiple transactions as needed. The Staff Account is able to disseminate information and provide additional analysis as needed. The Staff Accountant also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in determining necessary monthly journal entries and maintains transactions in the General Ledger.
- Prepares Balance Sheet account reconciliation and supporting schedules for month end closings.
- Records various transactions, such as deposits, wires and transfers between accounts and financial institutions as needed.
- Reconciles various bank accounts reconciliations for various San Manuel Tribal Government and Tribal-owned entities.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Assists Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager and/or Controller with bookkeeping and maintenance of financial records.
- Accumulates and records all travel related transactions
- Assists other finance sub-departments with compilation of data and supporting documentation of accounting records, as directed.
- Assists other departments with accounting related inquiries or ad hoc analysis of accounting records, as directed.
- Performs internal and external audits by providing supporting accounting documentation, answering auditor questions, and maintaining and understanding of process narratives.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in accounting or business administration is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience with ERP system, Infor is preferred.
- Intermediate experience in computerized financial systems and Microsoft (Word, Power Point and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to effectively respond to inquiries from vendors, managers, and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Experience with general office equipment, including but not limited to 10-key calculator by touch, Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, as defined by the company’s insurance carrier.