Posted 10 days ago
The Staff Accountant position includes the following duties:
- Maintains general ledger accounts including the preparation and posting of journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and ensures outstanding balances clear in a timely manner.
- Prepares and posts month end accruals, reclassification, amortization of prepaid expenses, and other adjusting entries.
- Posts and reconciles sub-ledger systems such as payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, accounts receivable, inventory, etc to the general ledger and maintains resulting journal entries.
- Prepares bank deposits as needed and maintains the daily cash report.
- Facilitates invoicing for direct bill customers, responds to inquiries, posts payments, and monitors aging of outstanding balances.
- Responds to guest and employee inquiries assisting with resolutions as needed. Maintains accurate records of additions, disposals, and transfers of fixed assets and related depreciation
- Generates month end bank reports on cash accounts and reconciles them with general ledger balances.
- Coordinates with revenue audit maintaining daily journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Reviews financial reports analyzing budget information and historical trends ensuring data integrity.
- Ensures all documentation is properly filed and maintained in accordance with internal controls.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Knowledge of: accounting and audit best practices; general ledger systems and procedures; casino policy and procedures; financial modeling; analytical reporting; and budgeting and procurement software.
- Skills in: use and operation of personal computer and related software programs including Excel; customer service; communication, record-keeping, and database administration; and time management with an exceptional organizational capacity.
- Ability to: communicate effectively verbally and in writing; maintain files, records, and correspondence; prepare written reports, charts, graphs, or other visual aids; develop spreadsheets, reports, and communications; perform multiple assignments with attention to detail; understand and accurately process department paperwork; maintain files, records and correspondence; organize workflow and prioritize material; efficiently multitask; work under pressure ensuring the completion of time sensitive material; and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Two years of accounting experience required.
- General ledger accounting experience in the gaming industry preferred.
- Additional education and experience may substitute for the minimum requirements of the position.
- Class IIIA Gaming License
- Title 31
- Customer Service
- Sexual Harassment
- Must be able to obtain a Class IIIA license as required by the Puyallup Tribal Gaming Regulatory Office and the Washington State Gaming Commission.