Posted 3 days ago
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries
- Perform various account reconciliations and maintain balance sheet reconciliation records.
- Ability to read and understand general ledger with cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Submit monthly accounting close entries.
- Capability to assist with fixed asset tracking and maintenance.
- Create and/or edit financial reports within accounting/finance software.
- Prepare financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Ensure transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Communicate financial information to department heads and maintain relationships with other departments.
- Present financial information monthly to the CFO and respond to resulting inquiries.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by executive management.
- Assist in preparing audit work papers and being involved in the audit process for internal, external and regulatory agency audits.
- Other duties as necessary.
Education, Training, Experience
- 2+ years of experience in finance operations
- A 4-year degree Accounting, Finance or in related field or equivalent work experience. C.P.A. preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license