1. WEBINAR: DEADLINE EXTENDED: 2023 LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
Join Native CDFI Network on Thursday, February 23 at 2pm ET, for another webisode of NCN Live featuring Rico Frias, who is the Executive Director of NAFOA. NCN and NAFOA will discuss ideas on building sustainable Native communities, collaboration on policy and advocacy, the power of Native CDFIs, and more.
2. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: FALLON TRIBAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION PUBLIC NOTICE RFP, RETAIL CANNABIS DEVELOPMENT
The Fallon Tribal Development Corporation Board of Directors is issuing this request for proposals (RFP) for a consultant to assist the Fallon Tribal Development Corporation in the development of a tribally-owned and operated recreational/medical retail cannabis and processing operation on the Tribe’s Reservation.
Melanie McFalls, Secretary, Fallon Tribal Development Corporation Board of Directors will serve as the primary contact for the respondent’s proposal. Prospective respondents may obtain the RFP documents at the Fallon Tribal Development Corporate office, or request RFP documents by email from Melanie McFalls at email@example.com Proposals must be received no later than February 28, 2023 at 5:00PM. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Proposals shall be submitted to the following address:
Fallon Tribal Development Corporation
Attn: Melanie McFalls, FTDC Secretary
567 Rio Vista Drive
Fallon, Nevada 89406
3. CONFERENCE: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: #NAFOA2023
- NAFOA will follow CDC Guidelines and local Washington, DC Guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety and requirements. Currently, there is no statewide mask mandate or vaccine requirement. NAFOA will continue to monitor the health and safety guidance and will update attendees on any changes in protocol.
Can I earn CPEs at the NAFOA Conference?
- Yes! CPEs will be available to in-person attendees. Please see the CPE FAQ for more information.
How do I register someone at the Member Tribe half-priced rate?
- As a benefit of being a Member Tribe of NAFOA, your tribe receives one half-price registration, after the first full-price paid registration to the conference. NAFOA needs to enter this half-priced registration. Register the first person online and then email Missy Dunne with the completed Member Tribe Registration form with the half-priced registrant’s information and payment method.
Do you have any sponsorship opportunities?
- Yes, please view our Spring 2023 Sponsorship Opportunities brochure and let us know how you would like to support NAFOA. For more information contact Dustin VanWinkle.
4. FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLANNING GRANT
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Community Services (OCS) will be awarding approximately $1.5 million in Community Economic Development (CED) discretionary grant funds to Community Development Corporations to stimulate new project development through administrative capacity building. OCS aims to align this funding opportunity with the following priority areas:
- (1) President Biden’s Executive Order 14008: Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad and the Justice40 Initiative,
- (2) increased equity in geographic distribution of funds, in accordance with the statute, and
- (3) breaking down service silos and leveraging existing partnerships across OCS programs to reduce poverty through a wraparound services model for communities with low incomes.
The application deadline is May 15, 2023.
5. JOBS: LITTLE TRAVERSE BAY BANDS OF ODAWA INDIANS IS SEEKING ECONOMIC RECOVERY COORDINATOR
This position is responsible for assisting with implementation and administration of economic development and economic recovery programs for the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians with the purpose of business diversification, retention, expansion, attraction and related community engagement. This position will work closely with a consultant responsible for developing the Economic Diversification Plan. Additionally, this position works with other agencies and tribal departments, boards, charters, corporations, commissions and other stakeholders to fulfill the strategies and plans related to economic development, diversification, and recovery.
Get NAFOA’s 5 Things You Need to Know This Week in your inbox at the start of each week. Subscribe here.